In the Xamarin suite, Xamarin.Forms received new controls, and both iOS and Android controls were updated, with a nod to Agile development. "Essential Studio for Xamarin now has a kanban control for Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS, which can be used to visualize a project's progression through different stages of a workflow, and all three Xamarin offerings, including Xamarin.Forms, add a data-source control, which allows raw data to be consumed and manipulated via sorting, filtering, and grouping," Syncfusion said in a statement.
Other improvements to the Xamarin suite listed by Syncfusion include:
- Step area series support for charts.
- Ten new technical indicators for charts, such as MACD and Bollinger band.
- The capability to interactively expand and collapse groups in the data grid control at run time.
- Support for unbound columns in the data grid control.
The third suite receiving special attention in the new release, UWP, sees three new controls added and enhancements to existing controls.
Other listed highlights of the new release include:
- New heat map and kanban controls for ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC.
- A spell checker control for the Windows Forms suite.
- A number of customer-requested features and performance improvements.
Essential Studio 2016 Volume 2 costs $1,995 and is available as a free trial download.
David Ramel is the editor of Visual Studio Magazine.