Windows 10 IoT Enterprise: Opportunities and Challenges
Date: Wednesday, September 21st at 11am PT / 2pm ET
The proliferation of intelligent devices presents both opportunities and challenges for OEMs developing products and/or services for the Internet of Things (IoT) with Windows 10 IoT Enterprise. This edition of Windows 10 was designed to deliver added manageability and security to IoT solutions. It's a full version of the Windows 10, and it shares the benefits of the worldwide Windows ecosystem.
A surprising number of partners are not well acquainted with the ins and outs of Windows 10 IoT Enterprise, how it's licensed, and how it makes it possible for them to provide lower prices and a longer lifecycle for their fixed-function devices.
In this Tech Talk, you'll learn how Windows IoT for Enterprise:
- Harnesses the power of Windows and the cloud to help organizations do more at the edge
- Provides specialized features that enable the development of dedicated devices locked down to a specific set of applications and peripherals
- Supports development with familiar tools and leverages the same code to deliver an intuitive experience across a wide range of Windows 10 devices
- Reduces complexities with a consistent device management approach across PC and IoT devices
- Delivers new ways to protect your systems and data with built-in defenses to help protect critical business information from leaks and/or theft
- Accelerates the goal of Intelligence on the Edge throughout industries of all kinds.
About the presenter:
Jeff Trager, MSFT Software Licensing Specialist, Advantech
Jeff Trager has 20+ years of experience in the OEM Channel side of the business. He is a subject Matter Expert, focused on Microsoft Windows IoT and Embedded Products and License Policies. He is great at understanding customer challenges and knowing what questions to ask in order to determine the best solutions for the Project.