Telerik UI for Blazor Updated
The new Telerik UI for Blazor 2.18.0 update includes new native components for the framework, including:
- Masked Textbox: Allows developers to get user input while ensuring the valid entry of standard formats, such as phone number, post code, social security number and credit-card number.
- Text Area: Allows users to provide multiline text and is suitable for information such as address, short description, notes, comments etc.
- Progress Bar: Allows coders to visually indicate the progress of operations in Blazor applications.
- ChunkProgress Bar: For operations with a predefined number of steps (chunks).
- Radio Group: Allows users to select a single option from a predefined list of choices represented by radio buttons.
The company said the update also comes with other new component features and enhancements, stating "The Grid and TreeList components now allow easy column formatting, cell and row conditional styling and new events. The Scheduler component got enhanced with an option to render custom content and apply custom styling to its appointments."
Progress also said Telerik UI for Blazor is compatible with the second (and last).NET 5 Release Candidate, which shipped last week ahead of a Nov. 10 debut.
Third-party vendors targeting the .NET ecosystem seem to be making a push to ship Blazor products ahead of the .NET 5 debut, as Infragistics unveiled a new Ignite UI for Blazor offering just today (Oct. 22).
On its Blazor web site, Microsoft touts the framework's large third-party ecosystem for UI components, specifically listing vendors Telerik, DevExpress, Syncfusion, Radzen, Infragistics, GrapeCity and jQWidgets.
David Ramel is an editor and writer for Converge360.