Progress Telerik Adds 20-Plus Components for Blazor, .NET MAUI and WinUI
The R1 2022 release of Progress Telerik development tooling adds more than 20 new components to the Blazor, .NET MAUI and WinUI offerings.
On its Blazor web site, Microsoft touts the framework's large third-party ecosystem for UI components, specifically listing vendors Telerik, DevExpress, Syncfusion, Radzen, Infragistics, GrapeCity and jQWidgets.
".NET 6 is supported across all relevant Telerik UI libraries and tools: Telerik UI for Blazor, Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core, Telerik UI for WinUI, Telerik UI for WPF, Telerik UI for WinForms, Telerik UI for MAUI, Telerik Reporting, Telerik JustMock, Telerik Test Studio Dev Edition, Telerik Document Processing," the company said. "All Telerik products with the exception of Telerik Test Studio Dev Edition support Visual Studio 2022."
Here are some highlights of the release of more importance to Visual Studio Magazine readers:
- Progress Telerik UI for Blazor: Truly native components here now number more than 90 with the addition of Map, Heatmap, File Select, QR Code, Color Picker, Color Gradient, Flat Color Picker and Dialog. Furthermore, the Data Grid now includes additional customization options when exporting data to Excel, enhanced built-in editing for large grids and multiple validation modes.
- Progress Telerik UI for WinUI and Progress Telerik UI for .NET MAUI: The company claimed these are now the largest libraries for their respective frameworks. Telerik UI for WinUI gets a Buttons component. Telerik UI for .NET MAUI sees the addition of 13 new components, including new ListView, MaskedEntry and TabView, along with a new sample application for cryptocurrencies.
What's more, Progress announced REPL (interactive read-eval-print loop) playgrounds for Blazor and its encompassing framework, ASP.NET Core.
"The newly introduced browser-based tools for Blazor and ASP.NET Core enable developers to write, run, save and share code snippets without any additional setup," the company said.
- Kendo UI for Angular features a Filter component for building complex data queries. Also included are Popover, Barcode, QR Code components, theme improvements and multiple user experience enhancements.
- KendoReact adds new components like FlatColorPicker, Drag & Drop Utilities, ExpansionPanel and more. The PivotGrid has been updated to able to load local data and many other components have been enhanced.
- Kendo UI for Vue provides 15 new truly native components for Vue, including Filter, Toolbar, Menu, Gauge, Loader, Editor, Drawer, Stepper, DateRangePicker, Switch, TextArea, Tooltip and more.
- Kendo UI for jQuery includes a new and improved PivotGrid and an Avatar component, plus a new sample application.
For more information, go to the company's R1 2022 release overview.
David Ramel is an editor and writer for Converge360.